Friday, January 21, 2005

 

Activities Galore

Our nice, quiet days at home are now over for a while. I'll miss them. I'm clinging to Fridays as a necessary day at home - for everyone to recharge. I'm hoping that come late Spring the kids will scale back a bit, but for now - here's what they are trying this semester:
- Gymnastics (see the pictures below!)
- Karate on Mondays and Thursdays (Initially, just Josh wanted to go, but when Kate watched a class she decided she really wanted to try.)
- New Song choir for Kate on Tuesdays. She attended the first session this week and came home so excited.
- Swimming Lessons on Thursdays. Many of their friends are in the same classes...Yeah!

And of course we have our regular playdates with friends (where friendships are really built!!) and Kate's Keepers of the Faith (aka Keepers) group.

The Keepers group made blackberry cobbler and cherry pie this week, working toward their baking badge. It was fun to fellowship with the other moms and watch the girls learn new skills. I've never made pie before so it was good for me too!!

Despite the busy schedule of activities, we're happy that we have the flexibility and downtime the rest of the day. It is only through homeschooling could Kate have the energy to explore her interests in this manner. I'm also thankful that the homeschool groups up here organize multi-age/level classes, so they can have lessons at the same time!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?